As I have been in my fair share of relationships, this current relationship of mine has made me reflect on many key points I have to pay close attention to; If I want it to go for the long hull. I also went around asking a couple people I know; which have been in relationships for 5 years plus. As we all know romantic relationships can be a challenge, so now let’s see how we can ease the bumps a little bit.
1. Commitment- once we decide that this is going to be our person of choice, now we have a responsibility to let any other person which we were considering, go. So, you can give your complete and honest attention to what you have decided to take on.
2. Loyalty- this is important for the process of trust building.
3. Patience- we must be able to allow each other to grow through our individual life challenges so we can become better individuals and in terms be better for the union.
4. Communication- the two must be able to talk about things that both like and dislike, honestly; so, things can be ironed out and the two are able to move forward.
5. Willingness to apologize- so many relationships fail because people’s egos are too big to apologize. When you make a mistake, acknowledge it; take accountability and do your best not to let it happen again.
6. Trust-we must trust that our partners will always make the best decision for the highest and greatest good of the union.
7. Affection-we are beings of feeling and emotions. It is imperative to take the time to be loving with your partner.
8. Allow for mistakes-it is a fact of life, we live and we learn as we go. Mistakes should be used as a tool for growth, not criticizing.
9. Friendship- this person becomes the one you spent if not all of your time with, or close enough to. A friendship must be established, to have a strong foundation.
Always remember that we come into each other lives to help each
other become better in every aspect of one’s life. Instead of judging, lets do more growing and loving.
Take Care Of Yourself and Each other,